• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Several Unit Death Sounds

Level 7
Hello, I have a question. I am going to add a death sound to the unit in Magos Model Editor, so the question is If I do several "Create Event Object" then is it possible to do several death sounds? Is there another way to do several unit death sounds?

Level 21
If you add them at the same event tracks, then they will all play together when that track of the animation is read, so that won't be very pleasant

Two options:

1/ Copy/paste the death animation so that you can assign an event object for each one
2/ Use a sound with multiple variants that you don't use in your map (e.g. Banshee Missile Hit), and then you replace the ingame sound with your death sounds (there are usually 3 variants for those)

1714854982323.png

One of these would play randomly

Level 7
Do not quite understand. I can replace the unused sound with another sound that I import, but the unit model that dies will still have the same death sound so I will hear old sound anyway. How is this supposed to work?

I've already read this and if you mean:
1714858215822.png

that doesn't work ..

Level 21
Well you still need to put the right event object in your model like this instead of the original death sound

1714858553898.png

If that's too convoluted, just duplicate the anim with something like MatrixEater so you can have 1 event object per death, that was just a little trick I'm often using

Level 7
Well you still need to put the right event object in your model like this instead of the original death sound

View attachment 471604

If that's too convoluted, just duplicate the anim with something like MatrixEater so you can have 1 event object per death, that was just a little trick I'm often using
Thank you, it dawned on me later when I wrote the first answer, and before I had time to write the second. In general, we simply make a sound for the model when it dies, for example, we use banshee attack, so that it takes a random one, and replace the banshee attacks themselves with the sounds of death in the WE.