• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quick Trigger/Damage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey so this is my first post on the Hive Workshop forums (hope this is the right area to ask about this).

In one of my maps I have a boss fight sort of like Heigan the Unclean from World of Warcraft where the player must "dance" threw various regions or else they get hit by a laser-like bolt.

Just a quick question, how do you make a unit damage all units in a region? I couldn't really figure this one out, and I am relatively new to map making.

- I've tried making a sort of carrion - swarm spell to damage all units in an area, i cant seem to quite get it to function properly.

In case it helps, the units are placed in 4 of 5 regions that are 'Revive Hero Instantly' models at a -90 Angle, which make them look like a laser that heads down the corresponding 4 of 5 "lane" regions.

TL;DR
--- How do i make a unit damage all units in a region? ---

((its probably just too early in the morning and I can't see something GLARINGLY obvious haha))
Thanks!

Level 10
Try this:
  • Actions
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Your Region)) and do (Unit - Cause (Your Boss) to damage (Your victim), dealing xxx of attack type Your Attack Type and damage type Your Damage Type)
You can do this multiple times if you want it to damage every unit in multiple regions. Change "Your Region", "Your Boss", "Your Victim", "xxx", "Your Attack Type" and "Your Damage Type" to what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.