• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to use OTR FIles in MPQ editor?

Level 1
Wasn't so sure where to post this but please move it to the correct forum if must. I apologize. I'm new here. :( Sorry if this got asked allot too. So I apologize. Go easy on me please. I'm nervous as it is. Hey guys got a weird question to ask. I am trying to replace textures in a game and someone told me I can put OTR textures in MPQ editor. I have never used this editor before. And never used OTR files either. Apparently I can use OTR texture files and replace them in MPQ editor. Does anyone know how to do this by chance? Looked all over the place, even Reddit of course. Couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm slow and dumb so I'm sorry. :'( I am wondering if someone can PLEASE help me figure this out what they mean by this. It's for a specific game that uses OTR texture files, they said I can drag and drop it in MPQ editor and "Replace textures" but I don't know how to do this. Does anyone know if MPQ editor can use OTR texture files or not? If so how can this be accomplished? I want to make a tutorial on YouTube so I can help other people who are slow like me that need help. Thanks again. :3 Sorry if I broke any rules or anything. I'm new here so nice to meet you!!! :D And I'm a Warcraft fan my self. So just letting you guys know. I thought I can do this. Also can MPQ editor be used for other games like Myth The Fallen Lords or something? Just curious how this works. Sorry. I'm new to the editor so I don't know how OTR files would work with this thing. I apologize. :( All I was told to drag and drop the files in this editor. So I'm lost. No one on their Discord would give me a brief explanation on how to do it. So I was wondering if someone more experienced than I am could tell me how to do it. Would be really grateful so I can get the stress out. Thank you!!! ^_^ :DSorry if I posted a duplicate post. Trying to keep things on topic. Sorry! New here. :3 And thanks if I get some help! :D